Last week we explored how OTECLO Cloud and Managed Services would help three hypothetical businesses with their unique IT needs. This week, we take a look at how OTELCO uses Managed Services to support a very real firm in Augusta, ME. Teresa Cloutier of Capital City Law sits down with us to discuss how IT services from OTELCO have helped her firm manage their business technology needs.
Capital City Law
Capital City Law PLLC was established in August of 2018, by Teresa Cloutier and Dennis Carrillo. Teresa and Dennis have been practicing law for many years, working together in a large firm in Portland before they decided to open their own smaller firm in Augusta. “We like that sort of personalized service a small firm can offer” Cloutier explained to OTELCO when we sat down with her.
Their firm focusses on:
- Government Relations
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Business Consultation
When it came time to open their firm, the lawyers of Capital City turned to OTELCO because of an existing professional relationship. Teresa had worked closely with Chris Provencher, the director of OTELCO Cloud and Managed Services, for many years at her previous firm. “Chris was amazing,” said Cloutier, “he would always come in, or remote into my computer and fix whatever stressful moment I was having.” For her, choosing OTELCO for the firm’s IT needs was a no brainer, “I called Chris and said ‘I need an IT guy, will you guys work with a firm in Augusta’ and he said absolutely.”
Capital City’s Managed Services Solutions
After a short visit to Augusta OTELCO’s IT experts were able to recommend these three Managed Services solutions to Capital City:
- Managed Networks: With Managed Networks, OTELCO can remotely monitor and maintain the firm’s network environment, providing ease of mind that their network equipment will be continuously maintained. According to Chris his solution also ensures that “if the firm’s primary internet were to go down they would have backup Internet access.” Sustaining the connection is doubly important because it means OTELCO will still be able to access their infrastructure remotely.
- Office 365: Office365 provides Capital City Law with several cloud-based applications. They use Outlook for a cloud-based email solution, OneDrive cloud storage for file access from anywhere, and Microsoft Office apps, such as Word and PowerPoint, for their everyday business needs.
- Managed Workstations and IT: OTELCO’s Managed Workstation and IT provides a suite of IT services, ranging from 24/7 Helpdesk Support to software management. With this service, the firm has constant desktop support for any issues, at a fixed rate. Another bonus is that the added security and reporting this service provides allows Capital City to meet any technology compliance that they have to adhere to because of their work with medical and bank records. “We really rely on [OTELCO] to advise us on those issues” Teresa disclosed.
The on-boarding process was “pretty seamless” according to Teresa. After the first initial visit, the OTELCO team only had to make one trip back to the Augusta office. Chris remembers how his team was able to “pre-configure the Network Equipment, Office 365, and the Help desk Management software” at OTELCO’s office in Portland. Then, in just one trip, the team was able to “install Office 365, the network equipment, and the helpdesk management software on the workstations. This allowed [Capital City] to get their business up and running before the wired phones and the primary Internet was installed.”
Teresa and Dennis have been extremely satisfied with their IT experience since choosing OTELCO as their provider. Teresa assured us during our visit that they have “used a variety of services at [their] other firm and OTELCO has been the best.” She especially noted her positive experience with the helpdesk, saying “the helpdesk is great. We have used chat, and we have called. Everything is resolved by the next morning or sooner.” Capital City is even working with OTELCO to add new services, including a new workstation.
Managed Services Consultation
If you are considering a Managed Service solution, it may be beneficial to schedule a complimentary Managed Services Consultation.
This obligation-free assessment can help you:
- Establish your existing technology environment.
- Determine your business’s unique technology needs.
- Find the most cost-effective solutions.
- Gauge your ability to manage those solutions.