The Oneonta Festival of Lights
The Oneonta Business Association, in partnership with the City of Oneonta and Community Organizations, is excited to host their first annual Festival of Lights! This exciting holiday event will kick off Thursday, November 29th with a Santa meet and greet, live music, carriage rides, and Christmas tree lightings. The fun continues all month with a Christmas Brunch, Candlelight Shopping, beautiful holiday decorations, and more. For the full event schedule and details see below:
The 6th Annual Holiday Decorating Contest
A great opportunity to draw attention to your business, church, organization, or home while taking part in the town’s most vibrant holiday celebration yet. Decorate to win in one of seven award categories, including “Best Use of Merchandise”, “Most Oneonta”, and the coveted “Clark Griswold Award”. Decorations must be up by November 29th, and be clearly visible from outside. For registration information and decorating guidelines click here.
The Festival of Lights Tree Decorating Contest
The Tree Decorating Contest is new to Oneonta, envisioned after the Huntsville Tinsel Trail. Local businesses, groups, and families are invited to sponsor and decorate a 7-8ft fir tree. The trees will be displayed in the green around the Gazeebo and will be lit during the tree lighting ceremony on November 29th. Sponsorships are $250, and registration can be found here. If you can’t decorate the tree yourself the OBA will invite a local non-profit to decorate for you. Learn more here.
Thursday, November 29, 2018
- 2:00 pm – 5:30 Santa Claus and Photos at DD’s Place
- 5:00 pm- 8:00 pm Horse and Carriage Rides
- 6:00 pm Community Christmas Tree Lighting with Santa
- Deadline for the Holiday Decorating Contest
- The lighting of the Festival of Lights’ Tree Decorating Contestants
- Wallace State Singers, Covered Bridge Players, Food Trucks and More!
Saturday, December 1, 2018
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Santa Claus and Photos at Swamp tails
- Christmas Brunch
- Horse and Carriage Rides by Rocky Creek Equine
- Selfie Shopping Extravaganza: Take a selfie in front of your favorite stores and post it on the Oneonta Business Association’s Facebook page to enter the drawing for a $100 gift certificate at an OBA business of your choice!
Thursday Candlelight Shopping
December 6-13, 2018
- Stroll the beautifully lit streets of Oneonta and enjoy shopping and dining with your favorite merchants!
- Participating business will be open until 8:00 pm
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Horse and Carriage Rides
- December 13, 6:00 pm Holiday Decorating Contest Winners will be announced outside Miller’s Soda Shoppe
OTELCO is excited to be a part of this year’s Festival of Lights! Stop by our table Thursday night or Saturday morning to check out our Festival of Lightwave tree!
The Festival of Lights is a great opportunity to engage with your community, shop locally and to celebrate the holiday season. For more information, you can visit the Oneonta Business Association website, at www.oneontabusinessassociation.com, or find them on Facebook. If you’d like to volunteer to help make this event a great success, please email #ob#vasb#at#barbagnohfvarffnffbpvngvba.pbz#ob#.